Trust account problems are one of the top reasons lawyers are disciplined. A recent article titled Tips for Handling Client Funds by Mark Bassingthwaighte, a risk manager with ALPS, contains great tips for any lawyer who has a client trust account. Although this list does not include South Carolina-specific rules regarding trust accounts, it offers good advice on practices that will help you keep on top of trust accounts and out of trouble. S.C. Bar members should also review the guide Trust Accounting and Financial Recordkeeping in South Carolina.
Would you like to receive SC Small Firm’s blog posts via e-mail?
- Acrobat for Legal Professionals
- Center for Professional Responsibility
- Florida Bar LOMAS
- Law Practice Today
- Legal Tech Resource Center
- SC Bar Ethics Opinions
- SC Bar Practice Management Assistance
- SC Bar Solo & Small Firm page
- SC Code
- SC Courts
- Starting a Small Biz in SC