Fastcase offers a variety of searchable databases to help you find cases and statutes quickly and easily. One of Fastcase’s features is the ability to search statutes across multiple jurisdictions, allowing you to survey a topic across our statutory collection.
Example: If you are looking for statutes on the equitable distribution of property, you could follow these steps:
- Select Search Statutes from the Search menu on the homepage.
- In the search bar, enter the following: “equitable distribution” & property.
- Click the Select All button under the list of current statutes.
- Select Search.
- You will then see a list of all the statutes that reference the phrase “equitable distribution” and property. The results will be listed by relevance (the sections containing the most detailed discussion of your keywords will be listed first).
- You may now click on the title of a section to view it individually.
You may then print your desired results, add them to your print queue, save them to your library, or email them to your to you colleagues.