In recognition of National Small Business Week, check out a few of our favorite practice management and technology website resources to help you manage your small firm (or large firm):
- Start a Practice – Are you planning to start a practice? Navigate these resources to find tools to help you develop a business plan, create a budget, decide on an entity and firm name, find the right location, get the proper licenses/insurance, market, prepare for emergencies, choose technology, plus much more!
- Close a Practice – You’re thinking about winding down your practice…but you have no clue where to begin. Check out the PMA’s guide to close your office plus how to transition out of practice based on a variety of situations. We even have resources for succession planning!
- Firm or Law Partner Changes – Things happen: Lawyers decide to leave in order to form new partnerships, go solo, or dissolve practices. Our lawyers in transition section will help you navigate through a variety of situations. If you cannot locate a particular situation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Build Your Practice – Whether you want to explore client development or learn how to build your business, our business development resources provide a variety of tips from a variety of marketing resources.
- Prepare for the Worst – With Atlantic Hurricane Season kicking off officially June 1st and manmade or natural disasters happening every day, it is important for law firms to create a disaster and emergency preparedness plan. Check out our Prepare page for tips and also request a free copy of our disaster handbook, if you do not one.
- Time and Business Management – How should you manage your time and stay organized in your business? Check out a few great tips here. (P.S. Don’t forget to check out our SC Small Firm blog for more organization/time management tips and the PMAP Forms Bank for correspondence, checklists, plus more.)
- Technology Tips – Whether you are interested in learning more about technology or looking for a specific tech topic (software, security, consultants, etc.), our tech tips section will help you navigate through some of the most important decisions in managing your practice.
- Legal Research (for South Carolina Bar members) – Looking to conduct research for a particular case or cases? Check out the South Carolina Bar’s free legal research member benefit Fastcase by logging into the Bar’s website. Our FAQ’s page will help show you how.
- Resources– Can’t find a specific resource you’re looking for? Don’t forget the South Carolina Bar has over 160 resources available to active Bar members in good standing via the Lending Library. Also, check out the PMAP Videos Bank and the FAQ Bank for helpful tips and information.
Contact the Practice Management Assistance Program for further assistance in managing your law practice.